Dublin, July 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The “Student Information Systems Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecast (2021 – 2026)” report was added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The student information systems market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.2% during the forecast period (2021-2026). The growth is mainly due to increased digitization in the education sector, a growing trend towards online learning and a focus on improving the quality of education. However, the lack of trained users could hamper the growth of the market.
Schools and training centers are moving from the traditional blackboard approach to integrating smart technology into learning environments. At the university level, institutions adopt innovative methods, such as student information systems, to optimize the overall operations of the institution by focusing on manual workload and labor to provide students with the opportunity to develop relevant and valuable skills in accordance with industry requirements offered by the system. remote access, security, data backup and cost efficiency.
These systems help create the modern and intuitive experience students, faculty and staff expect in on-campus business transactions, increasing operational efficiency by eliminating data silos and paper-based processes and automating workflows, supporting financial resources by identifying new revenue streams and cutting unprofitable programs, providing campus leaders with real-time analytical dashboards and leveraging modern best practices and technologies to recruit, retain and develop the best teachers and staff.
For example, the University of Nottingham is a large, complex organization, with three campuses around the world (UK, China and Malaysia). It is the seventh largest university in the UK, with 8,000 employees and 46,000 students. The university deployed Oracle’s PeopleSoft Campus solutions to all three campuses in December 2018. All three campuses now use a single, integrated system, which is expected to increase efficiency, reduce costs and improve the user experience for employees. and students.
The recent COVID-19 outbreak has also had a negative impact on the education industry around the world. With the lockdown underway, schools and colleges broke down and began implementing online solutions to continue the curriculum and assessments scheduled for the year. In this scenario, the student information system is expected to develop in countries with good network infrastructure and good internet penetration. However, these systems cater to a comparatively smaller number of institutes compared to the current demand for education and hence cost could become one of the major factors hampering market growth as it could result in a loss of opportunities in emerging countries.
Key market trends
The Cloud segment is expected to experience significant growth
- The need for institutions to provide 24/7 data access and a more personalized and transparent student experience is vital. Supported by cloud technologies, institutions can see a rapid return on investment and continue to evolve in this increasingly competitive environment. Solutions typically include software packages such as student management systems, student information management systems, student records systems and others, which require more data storage capacity and thus provide growth opportunities for cloud-based student information systems.
- For example, in March 2020, Ellucian announced that the Arkansas State University (ASU) system, a network of Arkansas universities serving nearly 23,000 students, had selected Ellucian Banner as its unified information system on cloud-based students. The statewide effort to align higher education institutions, the ASU system would implement Banner to achieve a shared and scalable cloud platform designed to increase collaboration, combine resources and support growth future among the schools of the system.
- In addition, due to the ongoing pandemic, educational institutions have been closed completely and the demand for solutions such as student information systems has increased rapidly. According to the latest figures released by UNESCO, 1.3 billion learners worldwide were unable to attend schools as of March 23, 2020. Many schools, colleges and universities are closed across the world.
- As the systems offer deployment in the cloud, which has higher storage and processing capacities, the number of features built into the system can also increase, facilitating all the requirements required in difficult times, from registering to the system. studying how to maintain the alumni network base which would otherwise be a tedious and time consuming task.
Asia-Pacific to experience significant growth
- A student information system with specific built-in mechanisms meets the purpose of the school management system while meeting the requirements of student information management in developing countries such as China , India, Indonesia, Malaysia, among others mainly in K -12 Education. However, growth is highly dependent on the penetration of devices such as good computers and networks with decent internet connectivity and robust security.
- There are various sets of countries at different levels of income and development in Central Asia. Dissemination, use, and availability of student information systems are critical to market growth, as is the availability of online learning materials, as well as devices and the level of internet connectivity in the home. .
- For example, the school education system in India is the largest in the world with over 1.5 million schools, over 8.7 million primary and secondary teachers, and over 260 million enrollments. , is home to the largest and most complex education system in the world. to over 260 million young people each year, making it a region with immense opportunities for student information system providers to penetrate and grow its customer base.
- In addition, the governments of various countries in the region are taking initiatives to provide quality education and increase the literacy rate, which should help the market to develop in the longer term. For example, the Chinese government is funding technology initiatives aimed at reducing the gap between the quality of education in rural and urban areas. They have deployed a live broadcast network that connects hundreds of students spread across a vast expanse of the Chinese countryside.
The student information systems market is moderately competitive mainly due to the presence of several market players operating in the national and international markets. Market players are adopting strategies such as partnerships and extensions to increase the functionality of their products and expand their geographic reach.
- In February 2020, Ellucian partnered with OnePLM to drive the digital transformation of specialist higher education providers. The partnership aims to foster the growth of their leading software as a service (SaaS) solution Ellucian Quercus, developed for specialist higher education providers.
- In October 2019, Campus Management, a provider of cloud-based SIS, CRM and ERP solutions and services, showcased the latest innovations of its CampusNexus Cloud platform, powered by Microsoft Azure, and new analytics capabilities. generation at EDUCAUSE 2019 in Chicago.
Reasons to buy this report:
- The Market Estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Main topics covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3 Market drivers
4.3.1 Raising awareness to improve the administrative process among educational institutions
4.3.2 Growing focus of educational institutions on improving the quality of education and customer satisfaction
4.4 Market restrictions
4.4.1 Lack of expertise and infrastructure among end users
4.5 Assessment of the impact of Covid-19 on the market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By type
5.2 By the end user
5.2.1 Kindergarten to Grade 12 Education
5.2.2 Higher education
5.3 By deployment mode
5.3.1 On site
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company profiles *
6.1.1 Ellucian Company LP
6.1.2 Eduware ntc
6.1.3 Jenzabar Inc.
6.1.4 PowerSchool Group LLC
6.1.5 Skyward Inc.
6.1.6 Workday inc.
6.1.7 Tribal Plc Group
6.1.8 Foradian Technologies
6.1.10 Oracle Corporation
6.1.11 Campus Management Corp.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/py6kna