Reporting directly to the CEO, in addition to contributing and leading technology in all aspects of the business, the ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing new technology roadmaps and in propelling the business. to achieve strategic goals. You will also need to be very proficient in IT and computer systems and have a solid technical background while being able to manage and motivate people. The post will be part of the Exco.
The position provides strategic informational and technical leadership to the company, enabling it through an innovative application of information and communication technologies.
This position oversees all IT (information technology) functions of the company and leads a team of IT managers (engineering, technical services, enterprise architecture and business intelligence), who manage the technology operations of the company. business and the implementation of new IT systems and policies.
The aim is to ensure that IT systems and people are efficient and functioning within budget, time and company specifications, in particular:
- Oversee institution-wide ICT operations, report to management and governance structures and manage the IT division with its large workforce
- Align ICT policies, regulations and practices with relevant national and international best practices and evidence
- Identify, develop and implement appropriate ICT frameworks, standards and best practices in ICT sectors, policies and regulations
- Oversee the development and management of technology policies and procedures to comply with data management legislation
- Operational and tactical planning and management to ensure effective and efficient delivery of ICT services, for information systems related to all aspects of retail, as well as access control and various electronic communication facilities, it i.e. communication networks, data centers and cloud platforms
- Plan, implement and maintain industry standard practices, such as ICT architecture, ICT service management, IAM and ICT security management, ICT risk management, infrastructure change management ICT
- Operational, tactical and strategic cybersecurity planning and management, including cyber risk assessment and mitigation, threat intelligence acquisition and sharing, and disaster preparedness and recovery
- Oversee the long-term operating strategy of the IT division in support of effective and efficient service delivery aligned with the retail strategy
- Operational and financial management and responsibility for profitability
- Maintain and develop professional ICT support staff to improve the effective use of ICT systems
- Represent the company in appropriate internal and external forums.
- A relevant diploma / diploma
- At least 5-10 years of experience in ICT systems management including responsibility for cybersecurity at a senior level in a Retail & or Fintech environment
- Experience in implementing new technologies and removing old technologies (an asset)
- Familiar with modern aspects of IT including high performance computing, cloud and hybrid, hyperconverged computing, and software-defined infrastructure
- Working knowledge of business intelligence and analytics, agile methodologies and DevOps
- The ability to develop and maintain an innovative, forward-looking strategy for the delivery of an enabling, stable and reliable IT services platform
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead within a team
- The ability to function effectively in a diverse multilingual and multicultural environment
- Proven experience in problem solving and innovation
- Systems management
- Business intelligence
Find out more / Apply for this position