University College is seeking qualified and experienced Information Technology Instructors to teach a range of general education credit courses, including the Fourth Industrial Revolution course. Instructor work hours include teaching 15-18 credit hours per week, providing program support and committee work, and holding daily office hours. Instructors are also required to invigilate exams on occasion, including weekends. For all general education courses, there is a curriculum and pacing guide, but instructors are encouraged to be pedagogically creative in producing and presenting their own classroom materials and activities. Instructors must be comfortable with educational and instructional technologies, including learning management systems such as Blackboard and the use of Smartboards and the integration of dynamic classroom technologies. In fact, as UAE aims to be “the university of the future”, it is imperative that instructors have previous experience teaching and facilitating online and blended courses.
- In addition to a relevant master’s degree, having a master’s degree or additional qualifications in another field is also an advantage.
- A Ph.D. degree is also preferable.
- Training or qualifications in online and blended teaching and learning are highly preferred.
- Additional specific educational qualifications such as math, instructional design, online course development from an accredited institution may be beneficial to a candidate’s application.
- Finally, experience and qualifications in a leadership or management position are highly advantageous.
- Candidates should have at least three years of experience in similar programs and be comfortable in a multicultural environment and online modality.
- Applicants should also be sensitive to the special cultural considerations of students from the Persian Gulf region and a diverse expatriate workforce.
- Candidates should be flexible, independent and enthusiastic about working in an environment where rapidly changing policies and new educational initiatives, particularly those related to online and blended learning modalities, while respecting punctuality, deadlines, project commitments, administrative policies and procedures.
- Interested candidates should have a positive, proactive attitude and enjoy volunteering to contribute to the dynamic growth of courses and programs and the curriculum/materials/design of new educational initiatives.
Special instructions to applicant Division university college
department Development Instruction Unit – UC
Closing date of employment open until full
job category Academic – Faculty